Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Mmmmm! Garden fresh veggies!

The radishes are all gone, the onions are just about finished - and the next veggie in line to be devoured is my cucumbers!

MMMMMMMM! I LOVE garden fresh cukes!!! Especially when they're from MY garden!

Tonite for supper, I'm making a deeeeeelicious bruschetta chicken bake with my mom's cucumber salad on the side! I picked them last night with tonite's salad in mind, so as I was chopping and slicing them up, I snuck a taste (who wouldn't?!) and WOW, they're amazing!!!

And I have so many, I could totally open up a roadside cucumber stand!

But I won't - they're just THAT good, that I'm going to eat 'em all myself!

Click on this link to get my mom's cucumber salad recipe! I know there are a few out there, but this one, IMHO, kicks ass!

3 comments:

Jaime said...

Sounds yum!! I heart cucumber!!

I can't wait to one day have my own garden!!!

Thanks :)

Mandy said...

My cucumbers are about a millimeter long right now. How early did you plant yours???? So jealous!

Dennis & Jodi said...

hoping everything is going ok Cat and you made it thru that heat spell!