Friday, June 29, 2007

I've got the coolest baby ever!

My baby rocks!

Not only is my baby SUPER quiet - it doesn't cry or fuss! - but it's also the coolest baby ever!
It was with me when I went for my tattoo, it came with me to the Rod Stewart show, and NOW, so as not to limit or influence my baby's musical tastes, I'm bringing my baby to Countryfest!

Yup, that's right folks - this non-country-lovin' gal is heading up northwest to Manitoba's "City of Sunshine" (which is really a glorified village if you ask me!), the hometown of my hubby, to Countryfest - the world's largest congregation of cowboy hats and Clint Eastwood wannabes, a weekend-long country-lover's dream, with bands I've never heard of, beer stations at every 10 feet of the pavillion, and mud slides.
Well, it's on a hill, and it's been rainy quite a bit, so I'm not wearing my best cowboy boots.

I don't own cowboy boots - but then again, the weekend's only just begun. !!!

HA!

Nah, it should be a good time - I'm going up with my hubby, and our radio DJ friend in the station's vehicle - a jigmassive hummer on a free gas card! So we'll be driving the Hank Tank (Hank FM's the country station, and it's called The Tank because it's a freakin' hummer!) all the way there, watching as people actually pull off the road when they see us coming because this is one massive beast!

Dono's mom lives up there, so it'll be great to visit with her, and see his old friends, and of course, hit up the Dari Dip, the BEST ice cream in Manitoba!

We'll be returning on Sunday - Canada Day - also known as Dono's birthday! I'm planning a wee little birthday surprise for him that day, so hopefully we get back in time to enjoy it!

Well, that's my weekend in a nutshell! Hope everyone has a great long weekend!

1 comment:

Dennis & Jodi said...

LOL well as you drive by my place(neepawa), stop in and i will loan you my cowboy boots! lol (and my Toby Keith hat!) i would LOVE to be going to countryfest! I am so nicely jealous of you and your baby! have a blast!