Wednesday, June 20, 2007

My weekend's over now :(

Well, after my 2 days off, I'm back at work tomorrow morning - for 5:30AM!!!

Who can go to bed at 7:30pm the night before?

I'll have to try, just to at least get my 8hrs in (I'll be up by 3:30am....I'm always up 2hrs before my shift). That blows chunks! Ah well, just a few more shifts, and then as of Monday, I'm on holidays for 2 wks! I'm on tomorrow, Friday and Sunday, 530-1230...it's gonna be the longest weekend EVER to get to my time off, but you can bet I'll be appreciating my holidays thaaaaat much more!

These next few days are gonna be totally jam-packed for sure!

My mom's milestone 60th birthday is on Friday, my dad's bday is on Saturday, their anniversary is on Tuesday, and Dono and I go to hear our baby's heartbeat on Wednesday!

WOOHOO!

So for my mom's big milestone - she hates the thought of turning 60, and doesn't really want a huge deal made out of her day, but I couldn't let it go without having something special happen - sooooo, my family got together and agreed to chip in - and we're flying my uncle (her brother) in from Vancouver on Friday afternoon to pop in and surprise her for her birthday!

One of the perks of working for an airline! I mailed out his buddy pass to him on Monday, and he got it yesterday! My mom's gonna be SO excited!

So Dono and I are gonna pick him up from the airport at 6pm and bring him with us to dinner at my parent's house! I can't wait to see her face!

I also managed to get her an autographed Larry Hagman (JR Ewing from Dallas, one of her fav shows!) photo that says, "Happy 60th Birthday, Darlin'!" I hope she gets a kick outta it!

Then for my dad's birthday, Dono and I bought him (and my mom, essentially) tickets to the Moody Blues show coming up next month! He'd been hinting around that he wanted to go for a while, so this'll finally shut his yap! lol

Oooh, it's gonna be fun! The big family bbq on Friday - my brother's cooking up a gourment chicken dish, and I'm making homemade potato salad (never made it before, but I wanna try!), PLUS my famous fresh fruit salsa, and homemade buns!

MMMMM!

So those are my plans for the weekend! What's everyone else up to?!

I can't believe I'm in my second trimester!!! This is crazy!!!

Ok, it's just after 6pm and I have to start getting ready for bed now (start winding down so that I'm actually asleep by 7:30. This SUCKS!!!) bah.

Have a great night everyone!

3 comments:

Dennis & Jodi said...

WOW! you sound busy busy busy! I like getting up early. It is the only itme of the day i get that is just for me with no kids, hubby or work to do for anyone...(selfish eh!)lol
I am so nicely jealous of your job--maybe you could ask that when you go on mat leave if i can take over for you! lol i would love to have some airline perks! ;-)

I dont get into the city as much as i would like since we are 2 hours away (Neepawa) and DH is NOT a city tolerant person. But i will make plans to do a trip in this summer--kids free and let you know!

Have an awesome weekend with your family! It sounds like you are all very close, that is soooo awesome!

Jaime said...

You should post your Fruit Salsa recipe! :)

Shrunk said...

2nd trimester already? Time's flyin'!