Thursday, May 10, 2007

Back from Hiatus!

Well good morning everyone!

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days - man, I've just been feeling so run down and nauseous.....nauseated? Which is the right term? Well, sick to my stomach, anyway. I have some energy this morning to do a bit o' posting, so that's exactly what I'm gonna do!

Let me start off by backing up the pickle truck a bit, a rewind to Sunday night, when Dono and I told my family the news. I wish I had taken a pic, but it was just so crazy, I wouldn't have had a chance!

The dinner I made was AMAZING, turned out beautifully! (I LOVE cooking for people, I always tend to go overboard, but nobody seems to mind!) The plan was, after dessert, we'd all be sitting around outside, sipping coffee or whatever, and I'd sneak Lexi upstairs, put her new shirt on, and casually take her outside and wait for everyone to notice.

That's not quite how it happened!

After supper, everyone was too stuffed for dessert, and since Lexi was really tired and cranky, they were talking about just packin' up and heading home. Everyone was congregated in the living room, so I couldn't be discreet about swoopin her upstairs! I just said, "I have a new toy to show Lexi". They must've thought I was nuts! So as I'm trying to change her shirt, she's really cranky and tired and screaming and crying! LOL! I tried to sing to her, talk to her, anything to calm her down, but to no avail. My sister was about to head up and I said "It's ok, she's good, we're coming down now".....so I took her downstairs and put her down on the floor in the living room, where my sister noticed she was wearing a new shirt.

She leaned down and started reading it out loud..."I'm getting.....a cou.....cousin?.....for.....CHRISTMAS?!"

She looked up at me and just started BAWLING, and then my mom started BAWLING, and EVERYONE started BAWLING! They all just hugged me and Donovan, and cheered and laughed - it was a moment I'll never forget!

So this weekend, we're heading up to Dauphin to tell Donovan's mom the news! Once that's done, we'll tell our co-workers and just let the cat outta the bag!

Since Sunday, we've been trying to go out for walks every night. Dono got a bunch of books from the library for me (what a sweetie!) on eating right during pregnancy, ways to stay fit, exercises, etc etc etc. He knows how apprehensive I've been about the weight gain aspect of it (with my crazy history of eating disorders and pill addictions), but I know it's a natural way of life, and a beautiful thing to be able to nourish and be in control of my baby's growth and development - I know that my lil' walnut is depending on ME to make it healthy, and I'm going to do everything I can for him/her!

I'm even learning to succumb to my cravings - last night, I HAD to have a McD's cheeseburger and small fries! I HATE McD's, hadn't been there in YEARS, but we went, and I devoured it completely, and even chased it down with a McFlurry! HAHA!

Man, my lil' walnut's gonna be a butterball if its mommy keeps this up! lol

I have to admit, sleepiness and sickness aside, it's kinda fun being pregnant so far! I have these off-the-wall cravings that I don't always give in to, and if I do, I don't feel bad about it - it's all a part of the journey! And I don't always eat like that - I do stick to a healthy diet, but the occasional falter isn't a huge concern. And my hubby fawns all over me! Not to say that he never did before, but now, he's way more attentive ("I'll jump in the car, drive half way across town to the BDI, and get you a monkey tail!", or "Can I bring you a straw for your Gingerale, sweetie?"), he's prone to doing a bit more around the house now while he enforces my nap time, and he's always kissing and caressing my tummy and talking quietly to our little peanut! Soooo sexy!

I'm so looking forward to the next 7 months, and the rest of my life afterwards!

So that's my lil' update!

4 comments:

Mandy said...

So glad things went well. How everyone found out is so exciting! Congrats to you!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better and not so nauseaous and I am so glad that everyone took the news amazing as they should, congrats again honey!

maria said...

Aw, what a sweet reaction - even if not as planned. You're going to be amazing parents! Your husband sounds like a gem, by the way. :)

Jaime said...

Can you clone Dono for the rest of us?! hehe! Sounds like you are having a fantastic time with the walnut so far. Keep it up!!