Sunday, May 27, 2007

Why can't I sleep in on a Sunday morning?!

Well good morning my fellow WW'ers! I'm so happy to be back home - the last day in Calgary, we woke up to SNOW. In MAY.

Blew my mind!

I've been up early every morning this past week, and today, when I can sleep all day, I'm up at 9. Which is sleeping in, I suppose, compared to how the previous week went, but I wouldn't have minded not getting out of bed at all!

Ok, so back to my Calgary excursion = because Dono and I got there a couple of days early, we made the obligatory trip to Ikea.....and discovered that the innocent bargain/fashion Swedish gods may have evil motives in the way they package their products.

Let me explain.

Dono packed his bag full of as much Ikea product as he could, and we learned that Ikea product can very easily get you a cavity search if you're not careful! Observe the following exhibits:

Exhibit A:
These seemingly innocent items are not so innocent when going through central security at the airport! Security personnel were analyzing the screen before them as the bag went through the scanning device, trying to figure out what the heck they were looking at - why there was something in this bag with wires, and round metal objects.



Exhibit B:

Of course, upon closer inspection, it turned out to be candles and light curtains.

Here's definitely one way to hold up a security line at the airport though, eh?!

So the baby decided it was going to choose Sunday morning, the morning we were flying out, to attack me! I was alright the rest of the week (just very, very tired and still nauseous), until yesterday, when the baby attacked AGAIN. !!! I think I know what the problem is - those 2 days, I wasn't eating first thing in the morning. In fact, yesterday, I really wasn't hungry at all, and I was just chugging on my Ginger Ale.

I don't think the baby liked that, and sure let me know!

Afterwards, I downed some boiled egg whites and whole wheat toast (about half a loaf! HA!).

That sure showed my baby!

Ok, I have to get my day going here - it's been cold and rainy since we got back, but today seems to be the first sunny day, and I have garden stuff I need to get done.

Hope everyone has a great day!

2 comments:

Shrunk said...

Love it that the wee one is already bossing you around :OP

maria said...

Haha, love your suspicious goods. Pretty lights and candles are dangerous goods, you know. ;)

I love hearing about the little one, and how you fought back with lots of bread!