Sunday, March 11, 2007

Now I HAVE to hold myself accountable!

Well, here it is, my first official weight loss blog! I've been on WW since June 2006, and what an amazing road I've travelled!
Starting out at a whopping 188.5lbs, I exercised, stayed OP, and in 3 months, I dropped 20lbs. I had a gaunt face, bony arms, (the big arse that won't go away!), but my stomach was still HUGE.

I did sit-ups, side bends, you name it - but nothing worked.
That's because the dr's found a large cyst in my abdomen.

In Sept, I had surgery, and 16L of fluid was drained from my belly. I dropped down to 137lbs, the skinniest I'd been since birth, I'm sure! I knew I needed to put SOME weight back on, but I was determined to not let myself "go". The surgery was a blessing in disguise - the best weight-loss program EVER - and I wasn't going to let it go to waste.

So I stayed OP (aside from the occasional Big Bacon Classic from Wendy's, because my hubby was determined to see me get my boobs back!). I figured, and hoped, that I could level out at 145lb.
But almost 6 months after surgery, my weight's been hovering around the 155lb mark.

It's not that I'm at my "healthy" weight now, because BABY'S GOT BACK! I've got a few arses to lose, and some thunder thighs to tone up. So I've switched up to the Wendie Plan a couple of weeks ago in hopes of shaking things up.

To no avail.

So, fast foward to NOW - I'm going to post on this blog religiously - what I eat, how many APs I get - all that stuff, and I'm going to be forced to hold myself accountable because YOU will know if I'm lying! Hopefully, you'll hold me accountable for my slip-ups, too!
I hope my blog offers inspiration to others, because I know I've been inspired by other success stories on the boards! We're all in this for support, so let's be each other's WonderBras!


Thanks!


Gotta love a good head shot! Here's me, 2 months ago - faaaar left side. Got some extra baggage in those cheeks! There's my first clue that I need to change things up a bit!







*NOTE: Shrunk made a good point - the "after" pic was taken a week after surgery, and that's NOT how I still look now - that's what I'm looking to get back to - I've packed on 20lbs since then!!! Damn those Big Bacon Classics!!!

2 comments:

Shrunk said...

I remember Cysty! We were wondering about you after you had your surgery but you never came back to tell us how it went. Or maybe I just didn't see the post? Wow, what a relief that must be. I was suppose to email you tonight, but I am exhausted! So, I will be sure to do it tomorrow. You look so great! Are you sure you aren't just at a nice weight for you? I think you look really good right now, and not like you need to lose anymore. Where are these thunder thighs and big arse you speak of? I just don't see it :O)

cat's dish said...

lol I should have specified that this pic was taken a week after surgery, when I was at 137lbs! I've done a bit of "packing" since then....!