Monday, April 23, 2007

Back on track Monday!

Good morning friends!

What a weekend! Saturday night, Dono and I went out to his cousin's Ukrainian dance troupe's fundraising zabava (big Ukrainian party) for a gourmet Ukie meal, to watch some incredible dancers, partake in a silent auction (that I, yet again, failed to win anything at!), and a social complete with kolomaka (20-min long Ukie polka-type dance where random ppl get up and join in the circle and do their best to get in on the traditional dancing action).

I wasn't wearing my dancing shoes, so I didn't show off my "skills" (note: I hadn't Ukrainian danced since I was 6!), but I did indulge in the faboo meal. NSV - I didn't finish everything on my plate, no matter how yummy it was! I was just sooo stuffed, and traditionally, my Baba would be insulted if I didn't clean my plate, so I was used to finishing off the heaping piles of perogies and cabbage rolls, but I just couldn't - and so I didn't!

Plus that, I didn't have any dessert, either!

(mind you, the pts I saved from not finishing my meal or eating dessert, I probably clobbered in the vodka....oh well!)

Yesterday, as beautiful as it was outside, I couldn't go out and play....I stayed inside all day to finish my friend's wedding video! (With the exception of our usually Sunday morning flyer delivery - we breezed through it, and I got 2 APs!)

We had to run out to Future Shop to pick up some new DVD-burning software, and my hubby bought me Notting Hill (one of my fav's!) b/c he felt so sorry for me that I was stressing out 'n stuff.

Awww!

(As I was doing my physio-required stretching and strength exercises - which garnered me 2 more APs!, I popped in this Hugh Grant classic and stayed up til midnight watching the follies as they unfolded!)

On the way back home from delivering the vid to my friend, hubby wanted to stop in at the BDI (Bridge Drive-In) for ice cream, so I treated him (and myself) - ANOTHER NSV....instead of the hot fudge sundae I usually get, smothered in nuts, I opted instead for a chocolate-dipped banana! So a fraction of the points, and still satisfying!

HOORAY!

Today's WI reflected my vodka and chocolate covered weekend - I still lost (how??!) but not as much as I would have liked. I'm down 0.5lb!

GO SNAIL, GO!!! lol

Today's my Sunday, as I'm back at work tomorrow, so even with my cramps that just came on an hour ago, I'm planning on whipping this ol' house into shape. Did a couple loads of laundry so far (are dryers supposed to be smoking and smell like burning? Uh-oh...!), did the dishes, and now I'm going to wash the kitchen floor, do some vacuuming, and other domesticated-wife stuff!

Here's today's food forecast:

Brekkie:
1/4 cup steel cut oats - 2
cinnamon - 0
1 banana - 1.5
coffee w/ff creamer - 1
= 4.5

Snack:
1 mango - 2
= 2

Lunch:
2 cups Gardennay soup - 2
salad w/a hint of feta cheese - 1
2 slices WW toast - 1
1/2 tbsp peanut butter - 1
= 5

Snack:
1 grapefruit - 1
= 1

Supper:
1 serving ESBM's Just Stew It (yummy-sounding stew with Bisquick dumplings floating in it) - 7
salad - 0
= 7

19.5/21

3 comments:

maria said...

How much do I love reading your posts and wish I had a digital camera here to do the picture-documentary thing? SO cute.

Way to go on the - I think I counted three - NSV and SVs! Amazing ...

Oh, Notting Hill is great, but nothin' competes with a little Hugh in Love Actually for me. I love that movie.

Mandy said...

You're hysterical - love all the step-by-step photos! :)

Shrunk said...

You are too cute sittin' at your computer there. CONGRATS on being down a lb! That is awesome!