Wednesday, April 18, 2007

In the words of Rachel Ray, YUM-O!

For supper tonite, I made a Spicy Mango Chicken, with curry (the first time I've ever cooked with it, I had to make a special trip to the grocery store to pick some up!) and a hot mango chutney.

Good god, was that ever amazing!

I would have taken pics of it, cuz it looked so pretty with the orangy colour of the chutney with the bright red peppers - but by the time we got home after delivering our flyers and going grocery shopping, I had 10 min to get supper going before Lost started!

(I ended up missing a bit of it, a couple of minutes here and there) to keep on running upstairs to make sure the chicken wasn't burning on the element. And once it was done, about halfway through our show, we just chowed down!

But I'll definitely be making it again, so I'll be sure to take a pic next time!

My only qualm - the mango chutney I bought is just a small jar, and there was just enough for tonite's recipe, with a bit leftover - not enough to use for anything else. For all those other recipes that call for 1/4 cup or more, I'd have to shell out $4 for more small jars. Not really worth it, so I'll keep on searching for a Costco-sized vat of the stuff to make it worth my while!

Oh yeah - got 3 APs tonite from the flyer delivery, and more to come in a bit - since I started physio, I have a list of stretches and exercises I HAVE to do every day, so I'll get about 2 more for 40 min of strength training.

5 APs today! Not too shab!

1 comment:

Shrunk said...

That sounds so good, I wish you would have taken a pic. I bet it looked great too :O)