Friday, April 20, 2007

Finally Friday!

So I ended up calling into work sick this morning. Yesterday was just SOOO draining, though, and I didn't get my nap in - I crashed at 8 last night (but didn't get home til 7:30 - I had popcorn for supper - that shows what kinda day it was!).

Turns out my sister's "husband" is outta town for a bit, and because of all the weapons in his home, and the fact that my sis got the protective order 'n stuff, the cops obtained a warrant and wanted to seize the crap in his house, and called her up to meet them there yesterday afternoon.

She phoned me when she was 7 min away, and I said "I'M COMING TOO!". I heard he did a lot of damage to the interior of the house, and I may never get another chance to see it.

By the time I pulled up to the house, my sis came up to my car and told me the cops just called in for the bomb squad - turns out they found a suspicious package w/duct tape all around it. So, we waited another 2 hrs for the bomb squad to show (you sure do learn how nosey your neighbours can get - when that big truck pulled up, I think every one of them wanted to go and "get their mail" or "do yardwork".!!!).

Long story short, it wasn't a bomb (although he did tell my sis he would burn the house to the ground if he ever lost it to her). They weren't taking any chances.

So we went inside, where my sis wanted to collect more things for her daughter, and get the rest of her clothes, etc. My god, it was a DISASTER. He wrote babble all over the walls, doors, and mirrors, furniture and walls were slashed and destroyed, garbage everywhere...it was a mess. By the time we finished loading up our cars and busting outta there, I was SO wiped, and happy to get home.

Needless to say, I needed today to just regroup and relax, but I don't know how much I can get, since he's arriving back into the city today, and since he was served with the order, he might just be so pissed off that who knows what he'll do? I'm just kinda on standby right now. *sigh*

ANYHOOT, back to basics!, today's food forecast is:

Brekkie:
1/4 cup steel cut oats - 2
cinnamon - 0
1 banana - 1.5
= 3.5

Snack:
1 cup strawberries w/2 tbsp ff cool whip- 0
1 All Bran bar - 2
= 2

Lunch:
2/3 cup couscous w/mango chutney (leftovers) - 3
salad w/feta cheese - 2
= 5

Snack:
1 mango - 2
1 pkg Crispy Minis - 2
= 4

14.5/21 - leaves me 6'ish pts for supper - something chicken, perhaps. I'm thinking I'll finally make that Sticky Chicky! Sounds soooo good!

Hope y'all have a great day!

5 comments:

Anne said...

OMG what a crazy man! Your sister is doing the right thing

cat's dish said...

He's definitely a nut job - my poor sis, though, she's got all this support and we're all helping her out, but she's just so emotional - going into that house that she worked so hard everyday at keeping clean for her family, to see it in ruins.....she's definitely in a better, safer place now.

Mandy said...

craziness! I wonder if that will be on the news tonight! (the bomb scare thing)

cat's dish said...

I doubt it, no media was present (unless they were hiding in the bushes!). Mind you, I did see some neighbours on their cell phones as they stood on their front steps, just soaking it all in! Maybe they were talking to Chuck Adler!

Shrunk said...

Man, what a psycho...that dude sounds messed up!