Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Back to work today

Doesn't even really feel like I had holidays! Usually DH and I would have buggered off to Vancouver this time of year, or flown SOMEPLACE. You'd think b/c I work for an airline, I would be travelling somewhere all the time. Oh well - this time around just didn't allow us time to go anywhere. Next time though - I've got another 2 1/2 wks coming up at the end of June/beginning of July, and I think we're going to LA or Vegas or something, so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed!

Anyhoot, here's a looksie at today's menu:

Brekkie:
1/4 cup steel cut oats - 2
1 banana - 1.5
cinnamon - 0
coffee w/ff creamer - 1
= 4.5

Snack:
1 All bran bar - 2
1 granny smith apple - 1
2 tbsp ff cool whip - 0
salad w/fresh fruit salsa - 1
= 4

Lunch:
2 cups Gardennay soup - 2
2 slices WW toast - 1
1/2 tbsp peanut butter - 1
= 4

Snack:
1 grapefruit - 1
1 banana - 1.5
= 2.5 (Nope, I was napping!)

Supper:
1 serving Dilly Beloved - 4
salad w/fresh fruit salsa instead of fruit salsa, I had a bit of feta cheese - 1
= 5

Snack:
popcorn - 2
1 Slim Fast peanut butter crunch bar - 2
1 banana - 1.5

23/21
4 APs (2 APs for 40 min strength training, 1 AP for 20 min on the treadmill, 1 AP for 20 min on the elliptical)

4 comments:

maria said...

Menu looks yummy! Question - do you soak your steel-cut oats overnight, or make a whole bunch at once? I've shied away from them because they seem preparation intensive for busy mornings.

Anonymous said...

I see I have another ESBM follower, I love that cookbook, this weekend I have to pull it back out again. I say hit Vegas for your next vacation if you haven't already, I am going in May and loooove it. Great menu and sorry that you are back at works, it really does suck eh! but you jet setter you will be off again before you know it :)

cat's dish said...

Maria - I don't soak my oats - in fact, I just make one serving at a time when I need it (probably not the most economical thing to do!), but I pop 'em in the mic for about 20 min, and they're good to go. It usually does take up a bit of time in the morning, but I was up early enough (like a kid on her first day of school - kinda excited to get back to see my friends!) lol Not sure if I can do them every morning, but they sure are yummy with cinnamon and a banana, so totally worth the effort!

Christina - isn't ESBM fanfreakin'tastic?!! I think Vegas is where we'll probably go, since it's a direct flt from Winnipeg - sounds like you've been at least once! I would love to go to run into Criss Angel! :) :) :)

lol

Shrunk said...

So, only 12 lbs left to go hey. You're doing really well, I'm impressed:O)