Thursday, April 19, 2007

Thursday morning revelation

I know this is my WW blog, but I also need to use it as a way to just vent, to express my thoughts and concerns, even if it doesn't apply to me directly.

I just have to say - last night, I was watching Larry King, and he was talking about the VTech massacre, and they showed the tape that the killer sent to NBC.

Things he was saying on his tape - ways he was described by others throughout the years, profiles that psychologists provided of him - completely sent shivers down my spine.

Not just because the entire situation down there was horrific and completely heart-breaking, but because this is the man that my sister is married to.

(If anyone can recall a couple of years ago the story that broke INTERNATIONALLY about the couple who put their newborn baby up on eBay to sell ad space on her....that was my niece. He threatened my sister to go along with his crazy ideas for the entire 6yrs they were married. I told him off the morning that paper came, and my niece was on the cover. He's still angry with me for making him shut down his "lucrative" idea.)

He carries weapons on him at all times. Has a penchant for guns, buys them off eBay, along with pineapple grenades, smoke bombs, crossbows, lock-picking devices, night vision goggles....you name it, he has it. He doesn't know we know about his purchases. He's scary.

I just got off the phone with my dad - he told me my sister finally got a protective order against him. Cops went to visit her last night to get a statement from her, they didn't leave until 3:30 this morning. The cops told her they were happy to be sitting and talking to her - because by their calculations of how crazy this man is, she should be dead - he's the type of guy who'll take himself out, and take others with him.

I'm going over to spend time with them today - but I just wanted to say this: as with the massacre down south, you just never know when your time is up, and you need to embrace your loved ones every chance you get. Tell them how much they mean to you every time you see them, because you never know if it'll be the last time.

I'm lucky that my sister's ok....but I fear this is only just the beginning of his rage. We've only seen the tip of the iceburg - I think this protective order will anger him, as he's not allowed to see his daughter even for 3 yrs. I don't think he'll give up that easily, but I pray that he gets put away and gets the help that he needs.

I just wanted to say this: life is precious, your family and friends are precious. Cherish every moment you can with them, let them know they are loved by you.

2 comments:

maria said...

Hey hon - thanks for this post. It's funny, I just found out all my sisters and I will be together in Windsor this summer for the first time, and I feel so blessed.

You should be proud of your sister for taking action - for her safety, her little girl's safety, and ultimately for your family.

Shrunk said...

Omg. You must be so worried about your sister! Hopefully this guy gets locked up right away and can't do any serious harm. Good for her for leaving him though. I hope it all turns out OK.