Friday, April 13, 2007

A bug in my basement....Spring is here!

Yup, that's right.

The first sign of Spring has officially arrived.

I found (and subsequently vacuumed up) the first bug of the season. (Well, the first one in my basement, anyways!)

I don't care that the snow has melted, or that I can go outside without wearing big ol' boots on my feet.

Usually, for me, the first sign that the temperature is getting nicer, is when little creepy crawlies start showing up from under the wall, making their way across the new berber to get a better view of the big screen TV.

Don't get me wrong, we don't have a "bug problem" per se, maybe only about a dozen come through every year. 'Ish. But I'm a bug-hater, and one is one too many! So I try to show them I'm Tony Danza (y'know, who's boss...?!) and suck those lil' buggers up as a warning to any of their friends who might be thinking they'd follow suit and invade our newly-renovated rec room.

Take THAT, bug!

Ahhh, Spring!

No comments: